Wednesday 25 September 2013

Yelp's Backyard Bizarre



I had no clue what Yelp was about until a few months ago when a Parisian blogger who follows me on Instagram asked me if I was writing reviews for Yelp.

It aroused my curiousity so I looked online and discovered it was a website where people write reviews about businesses in their local area.


Yelp Dublin hosted their Backyard Bizarre at The Bernard Shaw. Anybody who signed up to Yelp, RSVP'd the event and got accepted could spend 2 hours enjoying some goodies from new local businesses. You didn't have to be a blogger or even an 'Elite member' to be in!


I've always liked The Bernard Shaw, it's a bit alternative looking and their courtyard is great on a sunny day. There are lots of street art around the area and in their beer garden too.

The Backyard Bizarre lasted for 2 hours, so what did I eat and drink during the event you wonder?


I had some Goat cheese pizza at The Big Blue Bus, a double-decker bus and pizza kitchen in the courtyard of The Bernard Shaw.


After that, I ate some sushi freshly prepared in front of us by J2 Grill and Sushi.


It felt like summer after all so I sampled some falafel and salad from Staple Foods while sipping some Zaconey. Total crush on this crafted spirit with a twist of American bourbon and natural flavours. So good with ice, some coke and a slice of lemon!


I also tried the chicken, mushroom and Jameson pie from Pieman café. As you can see, I asked for mine with no gravy! It was lovely washed down with some craft beer from The 5 Lamps Brewery.


Head massages, a photobooth, magic tricks and other fun things were happening during the 2 hour event in a courtyard filled of sunshine and happy people. This was a perfect Indian summer day let me tell you!

If you got jealous reading this, I'd recommend you to get on Yelp, so as not to miss their next events!

Have you attended the event? What was your favourite food or drink?


Disclaimer: I attended this event for free, like everyone else on the day and wasn't asked to review it on my blog. 

SHARE: