Monday 3 February 2014

Pure Vintage Fair and Brunch


I used to think that lying down on the sofa eating junk food was the best way to cure Sunday hangovers but it isn't. These days I do the opposite, going for a run to sweat out the alcohol and then doing as much as I can to get some fresh air and enjoy the city. I love markets in general but my favourite ones are definitely food and flea markets and on Sunday despite feeling delicate Mr. FFID and I headed to the Pure Vintage Fair in the Dublin Food Co-op.



It takes place every first Sunday of the month in Newmarket square and I enjoy browsing the different stalls and of course eating a little something if I can. The place isn't very big but filled with vintage furniture, toys, clothes, books and other treasure.


Some vendors have great vintage or even handmade jewellery and some people sell quirky crockery and beautiful china tea cups.


I like the cafe at the back where you can even sit outside which is great during summer. The menu is written on a blackboard and they make pizzas, sandwiches and eggy dishes that are perfect for brunch.


It's very laid-back, you order and pay at the counter, chose a table and then wait for the staff to shout your name to collect your food.


If I see the word 'Avocado' on a menu, I can't think of anything else and have to order it. I went for scrambled eggs with avocado on toasted rye bread, a bargain for a fiver.


A few pieces of tomatoes for healthiness and a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper along with some chili and lemon for a nice fiery kick made it a simple and delicious brunch dish.


Mr. FFID is a pizza lover and ordered the margherita (€7.50). The base was thin, light and crusty with plenty of Irish mozzarella on top for maximum cheesiness.


The cafe is quite busy, you wouldn't spend too long there but the food is good, the staff are friendly and the music in the background is always cool.


The market is such a chilled spot that we even saw a little doggy taking a nap but she wasn't for sale. I'd recommend visiting this place if you haven't already, it's a definitely a lovely way to spend a Sunday afternoon!


Pure Vintage Fair
Dublin Food Co-op
Newmarket Square
Dublin 8
https://www.facebook.com/purevintagefair01


This is an independent review, I paid for my meal. 




SHARE: