Monday 8 December 2014

A Lovely Little Cake Shop: Camerino


I love seeing new places opening in Dublin but have to admit some of them start to look the same. You know the type, either industrial or nordic looking where you feel you've been there before even if it's your first time visiting. I've had lots of déjà vus lately.


Luckily Camerino on Capel Street isn't like this and has its own style. It opened about five weeks ago, the white and blue front shop is cute looking and the display of cakes by the window is pretty but not over the top. As I stumbled upon Camerino with Mr. FFID we decided to stop for a little something sweet.


Camerino bake their own sweet treats and breads onsite. It's small, mainly a take-away place but they do have a few stools if you decide to stop. They have cakes, Roasted Brown coffee, take away soup and sandwiches for lunch and breakfast/brunch options at the weekend. Cakes are also available to order.


It takes us a little while to decide what to get; there is carrot cake, an award-winning raspberry cheese brownie and other baked goods that are tempting us on the counter. I imagine the selection changes regularly.


I go for something a bit Christmassy, a Belgian hot chocolate and a gingerbread man. My drink is delicious and frothy and my little treat is just perfect.


Mr. FFID has a delicious peanut butter brownie and a latte, everything goes down well.



The music playlist is sound, the staff are naturally friendly and it feels like a nice little business with good vibes. The lunch options seem very reasonably priced so I'll definitely be back for more to try their sandwiches.

It's brave to open a little cafe/cake shop just a few doors away from busy Brother Hubbard but there is something super lovely about this place and you should definitely check it out.


Camerino
158 Capel Street
Dublin 1

This is an independent review, I paid for my food and drinks.



SHARE: